How to become a B2B SaaS CMO
Learn about the three pillars of success for a B2B SaaS CMO: Leadership, Management, and ROI.
- Budget and build your team
- Create followership in the board room and from your executive peers
- Drive ever increasing marketing outcomes at the right cost
The SaaS journey
Understand the journey of a high growth B2B SaaS venture, how to manage the marketing function based on stage.
- Learn the MVP, PMF and T2D3 milestones that a SaaS Company will encounter as it grows fast
- Validate your growth stage through situational awareness
- Learn the right Go-to-market strategy for your category and maturity
Managing marketing strategy
Introduction to the strategic foundation of marketing for T2D3 growth.
- Balancing strategy and execution
- How to get sign off and buy in from leadership
- Ground tactical marketing function in strategy, and prepare a strategy workshop
Approach your growth strategy and Go-to-market from the right angle.
- Complete the Ansoff Matrix and identify the four different growth avenues
- Assess your business, prioritize growth strategies, and learn how to “pick your patch”
- Dive into your business characteristics like ICP, ACV, ARR, etc.
Managing marketing tactics
Learn how to approach the tactical foundation of marketing for T2D3 growth.
- Create OKRs and KPIs for team members
- Tracking and getting the right dashboards
- How to execute on and lead the tactical marketing function
Positioning & messaging
Learn how to best position your business in your market.
- Identify your strengths through the best, better, only framework
- Learn how to differentiate your business through a unique value proposition
Market segmentation & ICP
Learn how to best segment and target your market, and find your beachheads.
- Learn TAM SAM SOM for your business
- Prepare your Ideal Customer Profile, and assess viability
- Segment contacts through filters and signals
Learn to create accurate personas for your business along the B2B journey.
- Learn the Job to be done framework, your audience’s pains
- Understand Maslow’s hierarchy of needs
- Learn how to create relevant messaging and content, and address the 3 funnel questions
SEO for CMOs
Learn how to conceptualize and execute on SEO strategy.
- Learn how to manage SEO as a CMO
- Understand where to focus and how to start
- Learn how to create an SEO engine for your company
Voice of the customer
Understand how to make your most important piece of content, customer testimonials.
- Understand the framework and ideology behind testimonials
- Learn the full process from sourcing interviewees to organization, to publication and amplification.
How to write (killer) testimonials
Get pro tips on how to interview for and write an effective testimonial from special guest Gary Graf.
- Go deep on questions to ask during an interview and learn how to write an effective testimonial
More lessons incoming
Additional lessons include:
Business online course
Information about business:
Business is the activity of making one’s living or making money by producing or buying and selling products (such as goods and services).
[need quotation to verify] Simply put, it is “any activity or enterprise entered into for profit.
It does not mean it is a company, a corporation, partnership, or have any such formal organization, but it can range from a street peddler to General Motors.”
Having a business name does not separate the business entity from the owner, which means that the owner of the business is responsible and liable for debts incurred by the business.
If the business acquires debts, the creditors can go after the owner’s personal possessions.
A business structure does not allow for corporate tax rates. The proprietor is personally taxed on all income from the business.